James Bellamy Jr, CEO
More than 30 years of experience in industrial refrigeration, commercial HVAC and residential HVAC. Includes roles as a technician, supervisor, business owner, and inventor.
- Founder, Demandside Energy Solutions
- Primary developer (along with James E. Bellamy Sr.) of Arctic Gator demand conversion system
- Industrial refrigeration installer, service technician, and service supervisor. Certified in ammonia compressors, HD compressors, and Fricke screw compressors
- Mitsubishi City Multi Diamond Dealer
- Developer/designer of integrated and hybrid HVAC solutions: gas, solar, electric.
Rafael E. Giro, MS, PE, Senior Engineer
45-year career includes engineering consulting, contracting, teaching, and management positions as an employee and owner in the private and public sectors. Senior Engineer at The Sustainable Design Group, LLC, Adjunct professor of HVAC Technology at Santa Fe College, Former Assistant Director at Physical Plant, IF; Coordinator/Project Manager at Facilities Planning & Construction, UF.
- Achieved the highest level of National and Florida Energy Rater credentials which entitle him to perform Energy Rations on residential and commercial buildings including building and duct leakage testing.
- Designs sustainable energy efficient & water conservation systems.
- Established engineering validation of Demandside Energy Solutions Arctic Gator chilled water conversion system
- Graduated from Georgia Tech with a Bachelor of Industrial Engineering degree. He continued his academic studies with an Associate of Science in Air Conditioning Technology from Miami-Dade College and a Master of Science in Technology from Nova Southeastern University.
Robert (Ken) Easterling, Technical Advisor – Energy Cost and Analysis
More than 45 years of technical and executive experience, invluding 32 years at Florida Power & Light (FPL) where he rose to the position of General Manager of the Palatka / St. Augustine District. He had executive responsibility for all functions including engineering, energy conservation, marketing, operations, and quality management.
- TQM, TQC, and Continuous Improvement trainer and practitioner (20 years)
- Direct Examinee and participant in support of FPL’s successful pursuit of the prestigious International Deming Prize – 1999
- Formerly: Certified Energy Manager, CEM (Assoc. of Energy Engineers – Atlanta)
- Formerly: Certified Energy Professional – CEP (Assoc. of Energy Engineers – Atlanta)
- “Quality Now” – Adjunct Instructor, St. Johns River State College 1995-98